January is Human Trafficking Awareness Month and a reminder that we can all do our part to recognize and report human trafficking. KNOW THE SIGNS. A trafficked child might:
• Have an adult control them by speaking for them.
• Seem out of place given the time of day or night.
• Look disheveled or dressed in clothes that they could not afford to buy.
• Show signs of physical abuse such as bruising or red marks.
• Not possess any form of identification.
• Perform inappropriate work for their age and not be compensated.
Learn more about Human Trafficking and what we can do to prevent it at https://humantraffickinghotline.org/en